Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Today was a great day!!! We started our morning out by volunteering at the Great Swamp Conservancy in Canastota. They want to reopen a trail that they kind of, let go. So our Co-op met there and we raked and chopped, cleared and blazed a new trail!! The kids really loved it!! They've asked if we can go back and do more - it was real labor and they're asking for more!!

For lunch, we met Matthew (my oldest son, he's home on leave for a few days from the Navy) and his girlfriend Melissa at Recovery in Verona. It was my first time there and I'm not impressed. The pizza that we ordered seemed microwaved - YUCK!! The service was slower than slow and they were not busy - can't imagine what it's like when there are people waiting for tables!! I even had to wait over 10 minutes to pay the bill!!! After that, I took the boys to the grocery store and we got ice cream and rootbeer and I treated them to rootbeer floats!! They loved today lol!!! Then we had to get on to the schoolwork.

Matt and Melissa came back for dinner and we had a fairly quiet evening. I've been searching for more online deals and I think I have a few but I'm having internet connection issues tonight and not having luck checking if they are valid or not..

On a sad note, we are praying tonight for a husband and wife that were killed on a motorcycle in our area. They were 39 and 37 - not sure if they had children or not but my heart is breaking for their families. Life is very fragile - we should never take it for granted....

No comments:

Post a Comment